James Beard Foundation’s
Chefs & Champagne – Honouring John Besh
Editor in chief: Najaam Lee
Contributing Location Writer: Mitchell Acks
Photo credit: Mark Von Holden/Invision for James Beard Foundation/AP Images.
Did you know about this?
*Click that Subscribe Button: https://goshabout.wordpress.com/
Join us on SnapChat: http://snapchat.com/add/GoshAbout
Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/GoshAbout
Chef John Besh was honoured at the annual James Beard Foundation’s Chef & Champagne at the Wölffer Estate Vineyard in Sagaponack, New York, on July 23, 2016.
The James Beard Foundation toasted Daytime Emmy and multiple James Beard Foundation Award–winning chef, author and restaurateur John Besh at its 26th annual Chefs & Champagne®. Besh, who also founded the John Besh Foundation, was cheered on by more than 1,000 guests who attended. Christina Cassel who has won multiple James Beard Foundation Scholarship awards, was also in attendance.
In addition to Wölffer Estate Vineyard as the host venue, exclusive Champagne from Champagne Barons de Rothschild was provided, a VIP after-party sponsored by Neuman’s Kitchen, Events & Catering, and 2016 event sponsors included Antigua and Barbuda; Audi; Badoit® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water; Evian® Natural Spring Water; Goose Island Beer Company; Gokokuya; Hamptons magazine; Maille; Melissa’s; Royal Cup Coffee and Tea; Sturia Caviar; Tito’s Handmade Vodka; VerTerra Dinnerware; and VVH-TV.
Raising over $75,000. the James Beard Foundation’s Chefs & Champagne® is deemed to be the East End’s premier culinary summertime event. The silent auction consisted of fine-dining experience, wines and spirits, cookware, and culinary travel packages helping to support the Foundation’s mission, educational and Impact Programs which include the annual Food Conference and Leadership Awards that help promote a better food system.
This tradition of supporting culinary education, of which James Beard Foundation was proud to announce Evelyn Q. Grant as this year’s recipient of the 2016 Christian Wölffer Scholarship as well as the ICC Intensive Sommelier Course Tuition Waiver. The Christian Wölffer Scholarship was established in 2006 to assist students in their study of food and wine.
Chef John Besh joined the ranks of super giants such as Carla Hall, Martha Stewart, Thomas Keller, Wolfgang Puck, Emeril Lagasse, and Bobby Flay, who have all been lavishly honured at prior events.
Celebrated chef John Besh has dedicated his career to the culinary riches of Southern Louisiana. In his restaurants, entrepreneurial pursuits, and public activities, Besh preserves and promotes ingredients, techniques, plus heritage one dish at a time. He is the author of four cookbooks: My New Orleans (October 2009) and My Family Table (November 2011), Cooking From The Heart (October 2013) and Besh Big Easy (September 2015); as well as the host of two national public television cooking shows, Chef John Besh’s New Orleans and Chef John Besh’s Family Table. In 2011, he founded the John Besh Foundation, which works to protect and preserve the culinary heritage and food-ways of New Orleans via initiatives such as the Chefs Move! culinary school scholarship and “Milk Money” microloans for local farmers.
List of participating chefs at this year’s Chefs & Champagne 2016 included:
· Chad Brauze, The Back Room, Park Hyatt, NYC;
· Andrea Bucciarelli, Sant Ambroeus, NYC;
· Brian Cheewing, Wölffer Kitchen, Sag Harbor, NY ;
· Christopher Cipollone, Piora, NYC;
· James Beard Award winner Tim Cushman, O Ya, Boston and NYC;
· Ben Del Coro, Fossil Farms, Boonton, NJ;
· Jay Ducote, Gov’t Taco (opening in 2017), Baton Rouge, LA;
· Aaron Fitterman, Aretsky’s Patroon, NYC;
· Jeremy Ford, Matador Room by Jean-Georges, Miami Beach, FL;
· Tom Fraker and Marco Zapien, Melissa’s, Los Angeles, CA;
· Eric Gabrynowicz, Restaurant North, Armonk, NY;
· Kerry Heffernan, Grand Banks, NYC;
· Will Horowitz, Ducks Eatery and Harry & Ida’s, NYC;
· Michael Jenkins, Butter Restaurant, NYC;
· JBF Award winner Paul Kahan and Perry Hendrix, Avec, Chicago;
· Pastry Chef Jiho Kim, The Modern, NYC;
· Paul Kim, Ice & Vice, NYC;
· Anthony Lamas, Seviche, A Latin Restaurant, Louisville, KY;
· Matt Lambert, The Musket Room, NYC;
· Glenn Olsson and Marcus Widell, Swedish Culinary Summer, Sweden;
· Anita Lo, Annisa, NYC;
· Angie Mar, Beatrice Inn, NYC;
· Pastry Chef Alina Martell, Ai Fiori and Vaucluse, NYC;
· Lucero Martinez, Pampano, NYC;
· Dean James Max, DJM Restaurants, Multiple Cities, USA; Cayman Islands, BWI; and Harbor Island, Bahamas;
· Julian Medina, Toloache, NYC;
· Jonah Miller, Huertas, NYC;
· Marco Moreira and Sushi Chef Noriyuki Takahaski, 15 East, NYC;
· Jon Nodler, Baker Alex Bois, and Pastry Chef Sam Kincaid, High Street on Hudson, NYC;
· Damien O’Donnell, Harbor Bistro, East Hampton, NY;
· Pichet Ong, a.p.g (2017), NYC;
· Ralph Perrazzo, BBD’s – Beers, Burgers, Desserts, Rocky Point, NY;
· Guy Reuge, Mirabelle, Stony Brook, NY; and Sandbar, Cold Spring Harbor, NY;
· Roxanne Spruance, Kingsley, NYC;
· Cédric Vongerichten, Perry St, NYC;
· JBF Award–Winning Pastry Chef Sherry Yard, iPic Entertainment;
· VIP After–Party Chef, Robb Garceau, Neuman’s Kitchen, Events & Catering, NYC
About the James Beard Foundation
Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed it, hit that like button below. It would mean a lot to us, and it helps other people see the story.
*** For interviews, event coverage, ad features, promos, product or service reviews, or career inquiries, please email our office @ GoshAbout@gmail.com
Book GOSH!ABOUT to cover your next event or launch; to review your new Product.
Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/GoshAbout
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/GoshAbout
Subscribe to our new YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/Gosh_AboutTV
As always more is to come!
Never miss a GOSH! ABOUT article by Subscribing now YES! I want to Follow Now
#najaamlee #NLART #Healing #goshabout #news #PAIN #artshowing #inspire #blog #sicklecell #beauty #sexual #visualart #abstractart #expressionism #live #bodyart #newswhistle #jzsocialenterprise #socialscenewithjz #podcast #artistinterview #tvshow #radio #boston #newyork #goshabout
#jamesbeardfoundation #jbf #chefsandchampagne #chefs #winners #news #goshabout #youtube #video
This article is the property of GOSH! ABOUT, NL ART & HEALING and (c)2015-2017 copyright of GOSHABOUT.WORDPRESS.COM. It is prohibited by law to copy, add, or release this information without signed authorization of the so said company herein listed in this article under the laws of the United States, New York, Massachusetts Copyright Infringement Laws.