Annual Celebration Of Women by the Society Of Foreign Consuls NY
In recognition of International Women’s Day, 12 women from across the globe were recognized by The Society of Foreign Consuls in New York.
Editor in chief: Najaam Lee
Contributing Location Writer: Mitchell Acks
Decorate your home or office with NLART http://www.NajaamLeeArt.com
Lifestyle Coaching/Speaking Engagements http://www.NajaamLee.com
Snapchat me @najaamleeart
My beauty secrets? Goo.gl/JevAuv
We are continuing the celebrations for women.
On March 18, 2016 , The Society Of Foreign Consuls in New York held its annual Women’s Award Ceremony at the Bohemian National Hall in New York.
Twelve (12) women from all over the world were recognized and honoured for their outstanding professional achievements and contribution to community empowerment in New York and the United States on a whole. The event was serenade by singer by Altynai Sapargaliyea and Flutist, Sarpay Ozcagatay
On this occasion SOFC received a letter from the Mayor of New York City, Mayor Bill de Blasio “New York is committed to advancing the critical conversations that will keep us moving forward in our march towards a more equitable tomorrow where every girl and woman feels safe and is treated fairly. In this spirit, Chirlane and I are happy to join with the SOFC in honoring talented women from around the globe who are giving back to their communities and inspiring their sisters to pursue their dreams and find their own success. We applaud the Society and our city’s consular community for spreading a message of empowerment to women everywhere and for working towards a stronger, more inclusive tomorrow,”.
With this major support, made the event even more splendid and quite successful.
This event would not be possible without the courtesy of the Vice President and Treasurer of SOFC Martin Dvořák, Consul General of the Czech Republic, Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc., Royal Caribbean Bakery, Inglot, Wardah Cosmetic, Kazahk American Alliance, NYC Dental Center, Alfa Consulting. EPN, SISIG City, Godiva, Consulate General of Switzerland in NewYork and Republic of Turkey Consulate General.
The participating countries in this year’s ceremony included Algeria, Barbados, Hungary, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Poland, Philippines, Russia, Slovakia, Switzerland and Turkey. After the awards we were treated to such savory foods represented by each country.
- The first Honoree was awarded to Hakima Amri of Algeria, an Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Physiology at Georgetown University of their Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology. She recently developed in collaboration with her colleagues at the National Institute of Health with novel evolution-based method into a multidimensional model for more precision medicine. She is the Vice President and Board Member of the Foundation of the Algerian American Foundation for Culture, Education, Science and Technology and is working on the launching of an Algerian Women Initiative in the US.
- Dr. Scantlebury of Barbados, the Associate Director of the Division of Transplantation at Christiana Care Transplant Center. She is the first African American woman in the filed of transplantation surgery, and was honoured with the National Kidney Foundation’s Gift of Life Award for her work in Kidney Transplantation and minorities. Velma was voted Best Doctor in America and Top Doctors by Philadelphia Magazine for 2014 and 2015.
- Ildiko Nagy of Hungary, director of the New York Hungarian House. Thanks to her help she has stabilized the House’s budget and more successful fund raising events that are helpful to the 50,000 Hungarian community who live in this area.
- Hani White of Indonesia, is City Philadelphia Deputy Director Office of Immigrant Affairs, an active community organizer who has earned many awards such as Philadelphia National Organization For Women(NOW) and many others.
- Dr. Millicent A. Comrie of Jamaica, MD, Director and founder of the Center for Women’s Health, Maimonides Medical Center for Women’s health in Brooklyn. She has established the Fibroid Center, the only facility in Brooklyn. She has been awarded many honours as top black doctors in New York and New Jersey, top 100 doctors by New York Magazine for 3 years in a row.
- Dr. Zulfiya Orynbayeva of Kazakhstan, PhD, a Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Surgery at the Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia was the next honoree was noted for work in nano-medicine. Thanks to her leadership, Drexel University has signed the agreement with Kazakh National University.
- Minerva Tantoco of the Philippines, New York City’s first-ever Chief Technology Officer was the next honoree. She holds four US patents on intelligent work flow.
- Alexandra Borowczak of Poland, the president and founder of the Polish-American Fashion. She is dedicated advocate for the World of Women organization that helps abused women and children rights and organized charitable events and fund raising campaigns.
- Valentina Kova of Russia, St. Petersburg-born designer. Her designs have been worn by celebrities like Julianne Moore, Glenn Close, Julia Roberts and others.
- Ivica Labuda, PhD, of Slovak Republic, was honored for her effects in research and management experience in applying biotechnology to the food and flavor industries. Her research was published in 25 peer-review publication and is described in 13 patients. She is the chairwoman of science at Slovak-American Cultural Center promoting and connecting Slovak scientists in the USA.
- Rosa Lechner Schupbach of Switzerland, VP of Swiss American Historical Society, was awarded due to her involvement of many organizations and causes. She has won several awards from the New York Police Department for her recognition of her many hours of community service and contributions to the Auxiliary Police Program of New York City. She established the East 74th Street Association, a non profit organization.
The last award went to Ozlenen Eser Kalav of Turkey, the former Chairmen, CEO and President of Turkish Philanthropy. She has lead an active life first with Citibank and active with Central Park Conservancy. She has been honored with the Turkish American Business Forum’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2011.
This event was a huge success to the efforts of Katarina Novakova, Director of Relations at Blue Horizon International in New York and 2014 awardee for making the event asuper success. Blue Horizon International is a strong supporter of the event.
About The Society of Foreign Consuls in New York, Inc.
Since its founding in 1925, SOFC in New York. is a prestigious organisation uniting foreign consulates in the world’s largest diplomatic community of New York. Among other goals, the Society strives to promote relations between the Consular Corps and New York and the United States of America. The Society arranges useful forums, organizing professional, social, cultural and charitable events. The Society has regularly held fund-raising events and have a long and proud philanthropic record.
About Blue Horizon International
Blue Horizon International is a healthcare consulting company with a unique mission that combines treatment, research and philanthropic efforts. Across the globe quality care and services for medical treatments are provided along with resources needed to assist children and adults who are medically under-served. For more information, please visit Blue Horizon International at www.bluehorizoninternational.com
For inquiries, news, interviews, submissions @ GoshAbout@gmail.com
Twitter, Instagram @NajaamLee
Subscribe on YouTube
PRE ORDER NOW NL ART PRINTS AVAILABLE – LIMITED EDITION
As always more is to come!
Never miss a GOSH! ABOUT article by Subscribing now YES! I want to Follow Now
#najaamlee #NLART #Healing #goshabout #news #PAIN #artshowing #inspire #blog #sicklecell #beauty #sexual #visualart #abstractart #expressionism #live #bodyart #newswhistle #jzsocialenterprise #socialscenewithjz #podcast #artistinterview #tvshow #radio #boston #newyork #goshabout
#societyofforeignconsulsny #janatrnvcova #news #bohemiannationalhall #event #newyork #nbcnews #msnbc #cnn #abc #breakingnews #nyc #newyorkcity #education #fundraising
This article is the property of GOSH! ABOUT, NL ART & HEALING and (c)2015-2016 copyright of GOSHABOUT.WORDPRESS.COM. It is prohibited by law to copy, add, or release this information without signed authorization of the so said company herein listed in this article under the laws of the United States, New York, Massachusetts Copyright Infringement.